People often ask me how I remain so strong. Being a single mother, building a biz, working full time…… wearing multiple hats is complete madness. It isn’t easy but the trick is to NEVER let anyone see you sweat (Kids Included). I might be freaking out on the inside some days but I will always try 1000% to stay polished on the outside.
Anxiety is completely of the mind. If you can control your thoughts, you can control your mind. I’ve learned not to let things linger, especially stress or bad thoughts. How do I do this???? WORDS: Mantras, Quotes, Prayer. This may not work for all, but it has most certainly helped me stay grounded and fight the urge to shut down in the middle of an anxiety battle.
What I do:
- Repeat my favorite mantra to myself until the ill feeling passes
- Give myself a moment to cry it out (Just a moment not all day!)
- Keep it moving. An idle mind is dangerous.
- Recognize the trigger, make a plan and EXECUTE it.
I’ve decided to create a page specifically to list my favorite quotes and sayings. Some I have written myself and others I have found by chance. Some are simply funny and others deep with meaning. Here are a few to get you started and you can check THE BOOK OF SAM page to see more as I add them. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.
- Sadness is temporary, Happiness is forever.-XoXo Sam
- Stop chasing the bag and figure out how to make the bag chase you -XoXo Sam
- Find your purpose….shut up….and DRIVE -XoXo Sam
- Some people love YOU. Some people love what you DO.-XoXo Sam
- You’re exactly where God wants you to be. Not where you think you should be. – XoXo Sam
- Fear none. Trust one-XoXo Sam
My Instagram is also set up to give you a little daily inspiration. Check it out @HelloXOSam and follow if you fancy! My finial word of wisdom to anyone having an internal battle is to write it down. Once you acknowledge you have a problem, the next step is to work it out. Writing is a wonderful way to not only document, but release your thoughts. Put it on paper and forget about it!